This is the latest iteration of the V-Gear ModiDTV with the pro edition before V-Gear went bankrupt which was about 4 years ago now, I know this because I worked for a company that imported and had direct contact with V-Gear (pretty much the same story with Lifeview)
As of today (21/07/2014) I have the following updates for all you peeps
I plugged the little device into my computers USB port (actually a USB 3.0 port) and windows update found some nice little drivers for it, I have windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.
Seems to recognise the unit as a WinFast DTV Dongle Gold BDA Device, I would assume the Winfast and MobiDTV would have the same chipset.
Below is a scanning result here in Canberra from Telstra Tower on Black Mountain, all the channels, I use the small antennae that came with the device. The image below is from a program called ProgDVB (make sure you download the free of charge version)
A picture of the unit and its packaging.
Plugged into the side of my laptop.
Below is a capture of the supplied Total media software and the EPG finally working here in Australia (for free I might add).
The image below is of the unit with no cover.
Update 21/07/2014 windows update installs a Winfast driver from windows update which works just fine.
As in the image below the latest drivers for the MobiDTV Pro are version 184.108.40.206 and work perfectly on all version of windows including 64bit version.
Windows device manager installs the unit as an AF9015 BDA Device.
The latest Total Media that ships with the Pro now requires a CD key which is located on the white CD sleeve.
The only problem with the latest Total Media is that it has this small advertising bar down near the system tray.
To get rid of it just click on the small >> arrows on the right of the bar and select Don’t show this window any more.
The below message will appear so just click on Yes.
The next item will appear, again click OK.
This version ot Total Media is220.127.116.11
There is a few new features like the Burn to disc item and a new section where you can design a fancey menu for your DVD’s.
The burn to disc item is where all the editing takes place and you can import or use your recorded TV shows and split them into chapters etc.
- Linux information and drivers etc are located here and more information in there wiki here.
- The MobiDTV Pro uses an AF9015N1 chipset (I have removed the link as the company seem to no longer exist)
- Afatech-af9015-driver-18.104.22.168.WHQL.zip driver provided Afatech, with this driver you can actually see the files that are used (ie, .inf, .sys etc files)
- This driver is provided by the developer of the actual unit Dexatech (no V-Gear didn’t make this hardware they just deisn it) MobiDTVPRO_v22.214.171.124_2XV_32_64_Setup.zip
- If you get a patch error with this driver just download the first driver, go into the device manager and manually point it to the extracted drivers.
- Any audio and video related problems can normally be fixed by installing the latest Direct X runtime files located here (Picture/video are fine but no sound)
Updated as of the 7th of May 2010
Or you can download the Media player 9 codecs located here (on my mediafire account) this will fix most display related and audio problems within totalmedia itself, it requires these codecs in order to work correctly, I am surprised that these codes aren’t installed or supplied with totalmedia. Also if you get an error when you run totalmedia saying that it requires media player 9 or above it is nothing to do with the version of media player that is installed which is normally version 11 on XP and Vista and version 12 on Windows 7 machines it wants the codecs from version 9 which aren’t included with newer versions, this media player 9 codec pack wont install media player 9 it only installs a couple of codecs.